The Forest Products Development and Marketing Council Inc. (FPDMC) was established in December 2005 to facilitate the sustainable development and marketing of forest products in Guyana.
The Council focuses on achieving the following goals:
1. Promoting sustainable forest management practices: The FPDMC promotes sustainable forest management practices that prioritize conservation and restoration of forests, while also promoting the sustainable use of forest products.
2. Developing new markets for forest products: The FPDMC identifies new markets for forest products and promotes the development of value-added products that meet international standards.
3. Enhancing the competitiveness of Guyana’s forest products: The FPDMC works to enhance the competitiveness of Guyana’s forest products by improving the quality of products, reducing production costs, and developing more efficient supply chains.
4. Supporting research and development: The FPDMC supports research and development activities related to the sustainable use of forest resources and the development of new forest products.
5. Promoting social and environmental responsibility: The FPDMC promotes social and environmental responsibility among forest product producers, buyers, and consumers by encouraging the adoption of sustainable practices and promoting transparency in the supply chain.
The Forest Products Development and Marketing Council (FPDMC) is an agency of the Government of Guyana that is responsible for promoting the development and marketing of value-added forest products. Here is the contact information for the FPDMC:
Forest Products Development & Marketing Council
1 Water Street, Kingston